Devices ready for market:
From customization to activation.
Case Study - Recovering mobile devices – and reversing an expensive trend
About the Customer
A subsidiary of a leading North American network operator, Ingram Micro Mobility's partner offers a federally subsidized program that operates under the authority of the FCC. It provides free mobile phones and up to 250 minutes of mobile service to income-eligible enrollees living in participating states.
The Partner's Challenge
After 18 months of successfully working with Ingram Micro Mobility to customize and distribute their wireless device, our partner decided to add a second device to their portfolio – which meant a significant increase in the number of units shipped. With adherence to strict FCC guidelines in mind, our customer reached out to Ingram Micro Mobility for solutions to streamline processes and stay ahead of the demand curve.
The Ingram Micro Mobility Solution
Ingram Micro Mobility had already completed the systems integration with the operator to ensure order information could be shared and processed seamlessly. When the decision was made to add the second device, we scaled operations to match the increased demand while leveraging our existing efficiencies. By devoting the right resources, we were ready for the influx of new orders.:
- We have customized more than 3 million devicessince the program's launch
- We kit up to 80,000 units per week and have added shifts to accommodate
- Custom shipping arrangements between Ingram Micro Mobility, and our shipping providers let us ship later in the day – and reach every address in the country
- Most orders ship the same day they are received due to later pickup times
- Automated updates 3 times a day between Ingram Micro Mobility and our customer allow for "warm activations" while devices are in transit
Ingram Micro Mobility helped our customer keep up with the rapid growth in demand while increasing order processing speed. With planned market expansions that could more than double demand, we are proud to be a key component in our customer's growth plans
Case Study - A new entrant finds a custom answer for its product launch
The Partner's Challenge
The customer was interested in taking its own branded line of devices to market. The device was manufactured under contract and the partner wanted to launch it outside of established carrier channels so they could own both the brand and the user experience. This meant loading the devices with custom software as well as offering the exciting option of custom engraving for customers buying the device through a dedicated online portal. This direct-to-consumer approach required a partner who could customize and fulfill orders on a global scale.
The Ingram Micro Mobility Solution
Ingram Micro Mobility's combination of customization and fulfillment expertise made us the logical choice to handle the rollout, and we matched our customer's spirit of innovation with:
- Online checkout integration to expedite order shipments
- Specially-deployed laser etching stations that allowed single-unit customization without adversely affecting fulfillment speed
- Long-term strategic thinking that guaranteed the custom etching could be applied to other devices, not just the launch device
- Flexible, customized kitting that allowed accessories to be sold alongside devices
- Carrier-specific SIM card fulfillment that let customers activate their new devices right away
Ingram Micro Mobility's logistics expertise perfectly complemented our customer's marketing savvy, helping open an entirely new distribution channel. Our customer owned the moment – and the brand – making the new technology available to everyone, outside of the standard carrier relationships. It was the perfect showcase to launch the device that would reinvent the mobile experience, and BrightPoint was proud to help make it happen.
Our programming services include flashing to install and update your device's firmware, network programming to configure your device to work with customized network specifications, and software provisioning to load custom software settings and applications on your devices.Expand
Our programming services include flashing to install and update your device's firmware, network programming to configure your device to work with customized network specifications, and software provisioning to load custom software settings and applications on your devices.
Ingram Micro Mobility works with our customers to ensure that devices are optimized for a specific network. Our extensive experience with a range of device manufacturers, coupled with an expert in-house engineering team, means you can offer your customers the latest devices paired with cutting-edge operating systems, configured to the specifications dictated by your network.
- Firmware Flashing – Install or update your devices' firmware
- Network Programming – Configure your devices to work with customized network specifications
- Software Provisioning – Load custom software settings and applications on your devices
We provide full service kitting, assembly and packaging for devices. You'll realize reduced costs and freed up capital with our consolidated packages for shipment and no excess kitting and packaging materials.Expand
We provide full service kitting, assembly and packaging for devices. You'll realize reduced costs and freed up capital with our consolidated packages for shipment and no excess kitting and packaging materials.
Ingram Micro Mobility efficiently takes component pieces and assembles them into finished, ready-for-sale goods, based on scheduled needs.
- Component Kitting – Assemble specified components to prepare a device for market
- Packaging – Enclose finished goods into a consumer ready product
- Retail Display Preparation – Assemble, package and ship retail ready displays
- Package Repurposing – Transition previously kitted components into a new finished good
- Shipping Carton Resizing – Consolidate packages for shipment
- Excess Material Reduction – Eliminate excess kitting and packaging material to reduce tied-up capital
We can etch, print, engrave or apply a decal of your brand to a wide variety of devices.Expand
We can etch, print, engrave or apply a decal of your brand to a wide variety of devices.
Ingram Micro Mobility gives you many options for branding your devices, from custom decals on retail boxes to pad printed graphics and laser-etched logos.
- Device Branding – Etch, engrave or apply a decal to personalize or brand a device
- Pad Printing – Print a graphic directly on a device
- Decal Application – Apply a decal to a device
Our activation services connect wireless devices to a network for mobile communication while our enterprise activations seamlessly combine, track and report on multiple transactionsExpand
Our activation services connect wireless devices to a network for mobile communication while our enterprise activations seamlessly combine, track and report on multiple transactions.
From smartphones to smart monitoring solutions, prepaid handsets to embedded PC's and all options in between, connectivity to wireless networks is a key component for a variety of industries. Ingram Micro Mobility's activation services enable them all.
- Activation Execution – Activate wireless devices for mobile communications
- Enterprise Activations – Seamlessly combine, track and report on multiple transactions