In storage or on the move,
Ingram Micro Mobility keeps your devices on track.
Case Study - Revolutionary logistics help move a revolutionary device
About the Partner
Unlike other digital devices that operate with the same conventional lens that cameras have always used, Ingram Micro Mobility's customer has developed a technology that captures light traveling in every direction, not just light directed at the camera itself.
The Customer's Challenge
In order to bring products featuring the new technology to the North American market, numerous, daunting challenges had to be faced on several logistical levels. First, a partner was needed who could facilitate the complicated legal process of importing components from China. Second, someone who could track each serialized unit in their warehouses was a necessity. Finally, optimized retail preparation and shipping of devices, both directly to customers, as well as through online retailers was vital in getting product to market.
The Ingram Micro Mobility Solution
The multiple challenges faced by this new company found a single solution in Ingram Micro Mobility. We help put their unique product into the hands of eager customers with end-to-end logistical support including:
- US Customs expertise that helps Ingram Micro Mobility leverage duty-free Foreign Trade Zone classification, reducing costs and compliance hurdles
- Experienced management of imports that lets us tap into long-term network operator relationships to provide favorable pricing and scheduling terms
- Serialized warehouse device tracking that accounts for the exact, real-time location of each stored unit
- Optimization of outbound shipping that turns our domestic freight partnerships into a cost-saving bonus for our customer by leveraging low freight costs
By choosing a global partner in Ingram Micro Mobility, an innovative start-up now has a cost-effective, compliance-friendly, all-in-one logistical answer that puts their revolutionary device into their customers' hands. From end to end, Ingram Micro Mobility delivers the product where it needs to be – so our customers can focus on delivering their next innovation.
We manage all elements of device storage including verifying the accuracy and condition of received devices, inventory audits to verify devices on-hand and supervising and managing the status of your inventory in our warehouse.Expand
We manage all elements of device storage including verifying the accuracy and condition of received devices, inventory audits to verify devices on-hand and supervising and managing the status of your inventory in our warehouse.
Let Ingram Micro Mobility handle the warehousing of your devices for you. From device receipt and storage to outbound shipment, Ingram Micro Mobility can serve all of your device management needs.
- Inbound Shipment Verifications – Verify the accuracy and condition of received devices
- Inventory Audit – Verify devices on hand by counting inventory
- Inventory Management –Supervise and manage the status of your inventory in our warehouse
Our freight logistics expertise includes customs classification and compliance, freight method optimization, global freight management, insurance claims support, shipping carrier and retailer compliant labeling and pallet sealing.Expand
Our freight logistics expertise includes customs classification and compliance, freight method optimization, global freight management, insurance claims support, shipping carrier and retailer compliant labeling and pallet sealing.
Ingram Micro Mobility moves your devices from Point A to Point B quickly and efficiently, and we make Points C, D and E accessible along the way through our Transportation Services offerings.
- Customs Classification and Compliance – Ensure your devices clear Customs timely and economically
- Freight Method Identification –Pinpoint the most economical method to move your devices
- Global Freight Management – Manage the movement of your devices around the world
- Insurance Claims Support – Inspect and document shipment loss or damage to support a claim
- Universal Shipment Labeling – Prepare and apply labels that are universally compliant with shipping carriers
- Retail Labeling – Prepare and apply custom labels for outbound shipments that ensure retailer compliance.
- Pallet Sealing – Seal pallets for added protection
Our dedicated account management team helps ensure the smooth execution of your supply chain, and supports users of your devices through live interaction.Expand
Our dedicated account management team helps ensure the smooth execution of your supply chain, and supports users of your devices through live interaction.
Making sure devices are in the right place at the right time is only part of our support solutions. Our suite of Support services covers a broad spectrum of needs.
- Dedicated Account Management – Ensure smooth execution of your supply chain
- Contact Center – Support users of your device through "live" interaction