Supply chain management. Simplified.
Case Study - World-Class logistics support a new network provider
About the Customer
Ingram Micro Mobility's customer is a regionally-based, forward-thinking mobile services provider, serving nearly 1 million subscribers across six states, born out of Federally-mandated market divestitures
The Customer's Challenge
The divestment, purchase and reorganization of multiple business units left the new network operator in search of a partner to drive their wireless device replenishment operations. Their regional footprint meant they needed a collaborative planning, forecasting and fulfillment (CPFR) partner to work with device manufacturers and put wireless devices on the shelves where they were needed, when they were needed.
The Ingram Micro Mobility Solution
Ingram Micro Mobility offered the perfect suite of services that provided end-to-end planning for all of the operator's needs, on a scale that worked well with their size. We provided:
- Weekly live discussions regarding inventory policies, planning and execution
- Ongoing inventory updates from Point Of Sale, sales and transit data
- Logistical services and warehouse space in support of 67 retail doors
- Leading edge software-based supply chain management with predictive stock recommendations
- Anticipatory replenishment procedures that put more than 500 SKUs where they need to be – before they needed to be there
- Automated allocation that prioritized inventory to stores where it sold the fastest
- Recovery Services to control replacement of end-of-life items
With our support, the network operator now has insight into store-level demand – and the ability to react quickly. As a result, inventory availability is up 37%. Plus, BrightPoint's automated allocations have greatly reduced manual restocking and overstock costs, giving this regional provider the edge they need to compete with bigger networks.
Our expertise in sales forecasting and aligning stock levels to predicted demand helps achieve accurate order forecasting and optimal inventory management.Expand
Our expertise in sales forecasting and aligning stock levels to predicted demand helps achieve accurate order forecasting and optimal inventory management.
Dedicated account management and consistent interaction with our customer base. This allows us to deliver relevant and real-time market data for a specific manufacturer, device, device category or customer. With this expansive customer base, you have access to a broad spectrum of demand channels that can be tapped for device movement. Our market data and analysis is further informed by our 20 years of channel management experience - providing optimal device flow at launch through end of life.
Teams that work with each of our customers to understand their specific demand plans. We match identified demand plans with supplier data to help prioritize manufacturing, production and shipping. Because Ingram Micro Mobility has visibility into all facets of the wireless supply chain, we can provide accurate availability data and optimally align manufacturer supply with customer demand.
- Sales Forecasting – Align stock levels with predicted demand
- Order Forecasting – Shape demand and allocate product accordingly
Manage Channels & Vendors
Meet your targeted business goals with our collaborative approach to managing vendors and identifying sales opportunities.Expand
Meet your targeted business goals with our collaborative approach to managing vendors and identifying sales opportunities.
We work with the leading manufacturers to ensure the optimal product mix is brought to market, plus we work with a variety of sales channels to match their needs to the right mix and volume of devices.
We identify channel needs, down to the individual customer level, to uncover and present the best solutions for your business. With our expertise and experience, manufacturers gain a clear picture of the marketplace so they can reach retail doors efficiently and economically.
- Collaboration Arrangement - Optimize manufacturer relationships to reach defined goals
- Joint Business Planning - Align device categories with identified sales opportunities
By orchestrating planning and purchasing around your supply model, we generate order fulfillments that deliver the right device at the right time.Expand
By orchestrating planning and purchasing around your supply model, we generate order fulfillments that deliver the right device at the right time.
Our team works closely with manufacturers, retailers, and network operators to align demand with supply. We match consolidated demand across product lines or customer groups against manufacturer availability schedules – ensuring that the right quantity is inbound at the right time to support device launches, promotional programs or seasonal sales.
Consolidation of orders from a variety of customers. Our manufacturers can build to a single purchase order, with a single delivery date and single ship-to location - simplifying and streamlining the ordering process.
- Order Fulfillment – Deliver the right device at the right time
- Order Generation – Orchestrate planning and purchasing based upon your supply model
We continuously monitor our customer's business performance to determine whether the marketing tactics are achieving the set objectives. Our Exception Management and Performance Assessment allow us to make strategic adjustments and fine-tune partner and supplier execution.Expand
We continuously monitor our customer's business performance to determine whether the marketing tactics are achieving the set objectives. Our Exception Management and Performance Assessment allow us to make strategic adjustments and fine-tune partner and supplier execution.
Ingram Micro Mobility integrates with your systems, to your specifications, through a variety of methods. Options, include FTP, VPN, HTTP(s) and WebServices.
Real-time visibility into your supply chain operations and customized, flexible means of integration allow for frictionless informational exchange. With this consistent, accurate data, you can make more informed decisions and adjustments.
- Exception Management – Determine if localized marketing tactics are achieving set objectives
- Performance Assessment – Fine-tune partner and supplier execution
Our comprehensive reporting tools allow you to view your order status in real time, access warehouse operations data, view market demand for devices, obtain customized financial statements, access SKU-level information and device status via Serialized, End-to-End tracking.Expand
Our comprehensive reporting tools allow you to view your order status in real time, access warehouse operations data, view market demand for devices, obtain customized financial statements, access SKU-level information and device status via Serialized, End-to-End tracking.
Ingram Micro Mobility gives you access to the information you need to better manage your business. With comprehensive and customized reporting tools, you have visibility into the full range of activities being performed in your supply chain, from order inception through device retirement.
- Order Reporting – View order status in real time
- Warehouse Operations Reporting – Access current state of storage, customization and handling of devices
- Forecast and Demand Reporting – View market data on device demand
- Financial Reporting – Obtain customized financial statements
- Product Information Reporting – Access SKU-level device information
- Returns Transaction Reporting – View device status within reverse logistics